call for poetry & short Fiction
Kingdoms in the Wild is interested in work that reflects the world’s complex and intertwined ecosystems and we highly encourage writers from underrepresented communities to submit their work.
2018 POETRY PRIZE
open:march 5th - april 15th 2018
Winner will receive $250 & Publication of winning chapbook by Kingdoms in the Wild & 5 complimentary physical copies mailed to the author as well as the option to choose a single complimentary title from our existing catalog. Kingdoms in the Wild will also promote the winning chapbook to all our readers across our various platforms and will work to provide copies to reviewers and poet enthusiasts.
GENERAL SUBMISSIONS POETRY & FICTION
POEMS: 1-6 original and previously unpublished poems
1. Please submit 1-6 poems in a single spaced (.doc / .docx or pdf) attachment
2. Author name, info and short bio should be on a separate page at the end of the document
3. Each poem should include title or the label untitled if it has no title. Multi-part poems should be formatted accordingly
4. Please include Poetry Submission in the subject line
5. We do not accept submissions through google drive or works directly inserted into the body of the email
SHORT FICTION: We are looking for original short stand-alone literary and speculative fiction (up to 6,000 words).
1. Please submit double spaced & Times New Roman (or similar font) Word document (.doc / .docx )
2. Each submission should include title of story and brief synopsis of the work
3. Author name, short biography and social media or website links should be on a separate page at the end of the document
4. Please include Short Story Submission in the subject line.
5. We do not accept works that are part of a serial-presentation or tied in to other works
6. We do not accept submissions through google drive or works directly inserted into the body of the email
Please submit to
Subject: (Poetry / Short Fiction) Submissions
Failure to follow guidelines will most likely result in your work being lost or unread
KITW is looking for original previously unpublished work. We are currently accepting simultaneous submissions, however, if your work is accepted elsewhere please immediately withdraw it from KITW submission.
Email: Kingdomsinthewild@gmail.com Subject: Submissions. Or you can reach us through the form on our contact page.
ACCEPTED WORKS: Kingdoms in the Wild will acquire first publication rights and the right to promote your work in posts on our social media platforms. All rights revert to the author following publication
Compensation: While we would love to in the future, at this time Kingdoms in the Wild offers no monetary compensation for general short fiction and poetry featured on our website. We hope this will change as we grow. Thank you.