reading period march 5th 2018 - april 15th 2018
Winner will receive $250 & Publication of winning chapbook by Kingdoms in the Wild & 5 complimentary physical copies mailed to the author as well as the option to choose a single complimentary title from our existing catalog. Kingdoms in the Wild will also promote the winning chapbook to all our readers across our various platforms and will work to provide copies to reviewers and poet enthusiasts.
- We are looking for emerging writers who have yet to publish a collection of poetry (not including self-published chapbooks)
- A majority of the poems should be unpublished, but individual poems can be previously published (if applicable: tell us where and when the poem was published)
- One winner will be selected from submissions received during the reading period
- All submissions must be emailed to Kingdomsinthewild@gmail.com by Midnight PT on April 15th 2018
- Kingdoms in the Wild Editors will select the winning manuscript
- Winner will be announced SUMMER 2018 (approx. 8 weeks after the end of the reading period)
- Poems should be in english
- Include a short description of the work in the body of the email submission
- Submit a manuscript featuring 10 to 30 poems in standard .doc / docx or pdf document
- Please have the collection title on the first page
- Each new poem should appear on a separate page
- Author name, biography, acknowledgements and other information should appear at the end of the document.
- Please do not include any images or graphics in or with your work.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send your work to Kingdomsinthewild@gmail.com Subject: 2018 Poetry Prize
- Your submission should include your contact information: Your mailing address, your phone number and your email address as well as links to social media or blogs / websites
- Any submissions received outside the reading period will be unread unless extension is authorized by the editors at Kingdoms in the Wild before the end of the reading period
- Please submit only one manuscript for consideration to the Kingdoms in the Wild Poetry Prize.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please withdraw your work immediately if it is accepted elsewhere
Kingdoms in the Wild is looking for poetry that is as distinctive as it is creative. We are not bound by genre or style, and aim only to publish quality works that showcase the writers voice, style and writing ability. Still not sure? Read the works of poets previously published in our online publication to get a better idea of what we are looking for. Most important to us is that the work speaks for itself; that the writing moves the reader to examine, enjoy and return to the collection time and again. Visit our ABOUT page for more about KITW. Karibu!